The French conductor Alain Altinoglu was born in Paris in 1975 and studied at the Conservatoire national supérieur de musique, where he currently also teaches. After conducting La Monnaie Symphony Orchestra in Cendrillon (Massenet) and in various concerts, in 2016 he was appointed music director of La Monnaie. He has since led ‘his’ orchestra in various acclaimed interpretations of the Coq d’or (Rimski-Korsakov), Aida (Verdi), Dialogues des Carmélites (Poulenc), Lohengrin (Wagner), Bluebeard’s Castle (Bartók) and Don Pasquale (Donizetti), as well as in a vast symphonic repertoire ranging from Beethoven to Stravinsky, through Brahms, Berlioz, Fauré, Janáček, Bartók and Ravel.
In recent seasons Alain Altinoglu has made a successful debut in (among other places) Bayreuth with Lohengrin (Wagner) and at the Royal Opera House Covent Garden in London with Don Giovanni (Mozart). Other highlights are the world creation of Rote Laterne (Christian Jost) at the Opernhaus Zurich, Manon Lescaut (Puccini) at the Bayerische Staatsoper, the Tchaikovsky ‘double bill’ Jolanta / The Nutcracker at the Opéra de Paris and new productions of Macbeth (Verdi, Wiener Staatsoper), Salome (Strauss, Deutsche Oper Berlin) and Pelléas et Mélisande (Debussy, Opernhaus Zürich and Wiener Staatsoper). Last October he conducted Les Troyens (Berlioz) at the Wiener Staatsoper in Vienna.
He regularly conducts major orchestras such as the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Wiener Philharmoniker, the Orchestre National de France, the Orchestre de Paris, the Staatskapelle Dresden, the Tonhalle Orchester Zurich and the Berliner Philharmoniker.
As a pianist, Alain Altinoglu has a strong affinity and command of the Lied repertoire, regularly accompanying mezzo-soprano Nora Gubisch. He has also opened up the world of classical music for children with his family book Maestro Muziek! and with popular family concerts like Beethoven for Kids.
- 29.05.2019: Concert Beethoven 7 & 8 (La Monanie Symphony Orchestra / Centre for Fine Arts Brussels)
- 11.06 > 29.06 2019: Opera The Tale of Tsar Saltan (La Monanie Symphony Orchestra / Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie)
- 05.07.2019: Concert Festival de Lanaudière (Orchestre symphonique de Montréal & Francesco Piemontesi / Amphithéâtre Fernand‑Lindsay)
- 18.07.2019: Concert au Palais Princier (Orchestre Philharmonique de MonteCarlo & Nora Gubisch / Palais de Monaco)
- 03.09.2019: Concert Ein Heldenleben (La Monanie Symphony Orchestra / Centre for Fine Arts Brussels)
- 20.09 > 05.10 2019: Opera Macbeth Underworld (La Monanie Symphony Orchestra / Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie)