Once a year, Europe goes all operatic
Saturday May 6th
In the company of AIDA and PINOcchIO...
La Monnaie Workshops (23 rue Léopold, 1000 Brussels)
- Starting at 13:00 A visit to La Monnaie's ongoing renovation works: the tunnel that connects La Monnaie's Workshops to the opera house, a quiz and other surprises.
- 13:30, 14:30 & 15:30 Super Saturday in the frame of Aida. Every workshop takes about 45 minutes and is in Dutch or French.
- 14:30 Camille De Rijck interviews the composer Philippe Boesmans about Pinocchio. In French, with simultaneous translation to Dutch.
- 15:30 Disney's Pinocchio (1940) on screen.
Palais de la Monnaie (86C avenue du Port, 1000 Brussels)
- 16:30–18:00 Introduction to Aida (in Dutch and French) and a meeting with La Monnaie collaborators and their opera profession.
- 18:00 A visit to the backstage area of Aida.
- 19:00–20:30 An Aida-rehearsal with the orchestra, chorus and soloists.
Sunday May 7th
PICKNICK of the PARSIFOOLS and MM Friends
- Starting at 13:00 Yearly picknick of the Parsifools (background actors in Castelluci’s Parsifal) and MM Friends, with musical intermezzo's throughout the afternoon.