After years on the opera stage, where her stunning lyric coloratura soprano voice and her incredible ability as an actress have enchanted audiences, the soprano Natalie Dessay said goodbye to opera in 2013 and turned her attention to acting and song. She continues to appear in recitals, particularly with the pianist Philipe Cassard, whose passion for singing has made him one of the most sought-after accompanists. Together, they have been widely acclaimed in varied programmes of French mélodies. Two recordings have immortalised their achievements: Clair de lune, an album dedicated to Debussy, and Fiançailles pour rire, with songs by Chausson, Chabrier, Duparc, Fauré, and Poulenc. Natalie Dessay and Philippe Cassard will be stopping off at la Monnaie, a unique opportunity to hear again this remarkable artist.
Programme "Portraits de femmes"
- Franz Schubert – Geheimes, Die Junge Nonne, Nachtviolen, Gretchen am Spinnrade
- Felix Mendelssohn – Die Liebende schreibt, Suleika
- Hans Pfitzner – Alte Weisen op.33
- Emmanuel Chabrier – Chanson pour Jeanne
- Ernest Chausson – Chanson Perpétuelle
- Georges Bizet – Adieux de l'Hôtesse Arabe
- Claude Debussy – 2 Préludes pour piano, (La fille aux cheveux de lin - Ondine), Regrets, Coquetterie posthume
ProductionLA MONNAIE / DE MUNT