In order for everyone to enjoy our performances safely and healthily, we ask you to respect a number of measures during your visit to La Monnaie.
Anyone aged 12 years and older must present a valid Covid Safe Ticket in the form of a QR code (digital or printed) as well as a piece of identification, in order to attend the following La Monnaie performances:
- The performances of The Time of Our Singing on September 22, 24 and 26 (Théâtre de la Monnaie)
- The Six Brandenburg Concertos (Théâtre de la Monnaie)
- The recital by Georg Nigl, Martina Gedeck & Elena Bashkirova
- One of our Concertini
- Lulu (Théâtre de la Monnaie)
- The recital by Franz-Josef Selig and Gerold Huber
- The family performance Carmen (Compagnie Karyatides)
- The guided tour for families
- One of our guided tours
- De Kinderen der Zee
- The concert by Alain Altinoglu (De Boeck, Berg, Mahler) on 28.11.2021
- A surgical face mask remains compulsory for all performances at La Monnaie.
- During the interval, visitors will be asked to leave the Main Auditorium and we even advise you to leave the Theatre. You will be given a bottle of water at the exit. You may also remain in the building, but please note that there is no bar service.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Arrive on time and check our website for the latest updates.
- There will be a covid supervisor on duty at every performance. A front of house staff member will put you in touch with the supervisor if you have any questions.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
As a federal cultural institution, La Monnaie has its own security protocol, which always takes into account the latest regulations issued by the federal government and the local authorities: the Brussels-Capital Region and the City of Brussels.
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions about La Monnaie’s coronavirus measures. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please do not hesitate to contact MM Tickets (email@example.com). The situation is still evolving. Please check this page for any updates before setting off for your performance.
I. QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR VISIT TO LA MONNAIE?
Which entrance to La Monnaie should I use?
To control visitor flow, four different entrances are in use (see this ground plan). The door number on your ticket corresponds to one of these four entrances. Follow the signs outside the theatre and you will arrive at the right entrance.
- Entrance A (main entrance Place de la Monnaie/Muntplein): door numbers 5 - 7 - 9 - 11 - 13
- Entrance B (main entrance Place de la Monnaie/Muntplein): door numbers 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 14
- Side entrance C (Rue de la Reine/Koninginnestraat): door numbers 1- 3
- Side entrance D (Rue des Princes/Prinsenstraat): door numbers 2 - 4
Do I have to wear a face mask when I visit La Monnaie?
A surgical face mask remains compulsory for all performances at La Monnaie.
Is it possible to disinfect my hands?
Hydro-alcoholic gel is provided at the entrance and at various points throughout the building.
Does La Monnaie retain my details?
For contact tracing purposes, an attendance register must be kept for each performance containing the first name, surname and telephone number of one contact person per ticket order. The box office keeps this daily register for 30 days.
What happens if I arrive late?
As always, latecomers will not be allowed into the auditorium before the start of the next intermission.
Is there a cloakroom?
It is possible to use the cloakroom again.
Has La Monnaie put in place extra hygiene measures?
La Monnaie has developed an intensive cleaning plan and implements the strictest hygiene practices.
How is the building ventilated?
The building is ventilated both mechanically and naturally. Non-automatic doors (with the exception of fire doors) will be open. The ventilation system recently underwent a meticulous inspection.
Can I use the lift?
Use of the lift is reserved for persons with reduced mobility and persons over 65 years of age.
Can I have a drink before or after the performance or during the interval?
All bars in the theatre will remain closed until further notice.
Will La Monnaie validate my parking ticket (Munt/Ecuyer)?
For the time being, parking tickets will not be validated at La Monnaie, but you can take advantage of the discounted rate at the Munt and Schildknaap car parks by following a simple online reservation procedure.
Can I use the toilet facilities?
The toilets at La Monnaie are open, but we do advise you to touch as little as possible and, preferably, to use the bathroom at home.
Are there any introductory talks?
No. We provide free explanatory material on our online platform, MMM Online, and in our quarterly magazine.
Can I buy a programme book?
Programme books will be sold in the Entrance Hall and at a desk near the cloakroom. They can be paid with bank or credit card only.
Can I still reach La Monnaie by public transport?
Both SNCB and STIB are operating on their regular schedules. Be sure to check the latest information from the public transport companies on their respective websites.
What security measures are in place in Brussels?
The latest information can be found on the Region’s website.
II. QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR TICKET(S)
Can I buy tickets in person ?
We strongly recommend purchasing your tickets online. You can also make reservations by phone (02 229 12 11), via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or directly at MM Tickets, open one hour before each performance.
Are the La Monnaie discount rates still applicable?
We will use the usual ticket prices and discount rates.
Will my ticket be refunded in the event of cancellation?
Tickets for any performances cancelled because of the coronavirus will, of course, be refunded. Ticket holders will be contacted by email about their refund.
I exchanged my tickets for a gift voucher. How can I use it and how long is it valid?
To use a gift voucher, enter the code printed on the voucher when booking your tickets on our website. A gift voucher is valid for two years from the date of issue.
What is the difference between a gift voucher and a customer balance?
The customer balance is personal credit, linked to your customer account. For cancellations in the 2019-2020 season, this credit is valid until 3 July 2021. For cancellations in the 2020-2021 season, this credit is valid until 31 December 2021. With a gift voucher, you will receive a voucher code, which can also be used by others for La Monnaie purchases. A gift voucher is valid for two years from the date of issue.