Developing new collaborations and new partnerships with various organisations is an integral part of La Monnaie's sustainability approach.
Since 2018, the Green Opera project has been spearheaded by a transversal working group consisting of the participants listed below:
- Etienne Andreys – head of scenic art workhops
- Aurore Aubouin – artistic production manager
- Tim Beernaert – head of PR & Development
- Cécile Bourguet – production manager
- Sophie Briard – head of audience engagement
- Agathe Chamboredon – financial director
- Sophie Cornet – sustainability manager
- Nina Dallot – corporate & maecenas
- Ingrid De Backer – orchestra manager
- Marc Dewit - technical production manager
- Céline Rigo - recruitment & Talent development manager a.i.
- Cédric Steenwerckx - facility manager
Since 2019, we have been part of an opera collective which aims to share discussion and methods about production eco-design. This collective comprises the Festival d'Aix-en-Provence, the Opéra de Lyon, the Opéra de Paris, the Théâtre du Châtelet and Théatre de la Monnaie. The first practical labs with the internal teams of each house were initiated at the beginning of 2021 for environmental impact calculators and the development of standard set structures.
La Monnaie is also a member of the RAB/BKO and takes part in discussions about sustainability in the arts sector.
Contact : Sophie Cornet, Sustainability Manager.
firstname.lastname@example.org +32 (0)2 210 84 41