La Monnaie offers an opportunity for young singers, enrolled in a Belgian college of art and music, to supplement their training with a professional internship in our opera house. If they are successful in the auditions, students can gain professional experience in the La Monnaie Chorus in one or two La Monnaie productions; they are also coached throughout one season by the management of the MM Academy, in close consultation with their colleagues and teachers.
WHO CAN TAKE PART IN THE AUDITIONS?
Any student whose main subject is singing (whether studying for a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree) at one of the following institutions:
- Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel
- Conservatoire Royal de Bruxelles
- Koninklijk Conservatorium Antwerpen
- Institut Supérieur de Musique et de Pédagogie Namur
- School of Arts of HoGent
- Conservatoire Royal de Liège
- LUCA School of Arts, campus Lemmens Leuven
- Conservatoire Royal de Mons
- Conservatoire de la Ville de Luxembourg
For each application, La Monnaie will seek the approval of the singing teacher of the student in question before accepting the application.