The fourth edition of the Voix Nouvelles competition is open to Belgian contestants.
This prestigious competition in the French language area was established in 1988 and signalled the breakthrough of several singers who have since built up substantial careers, including Natalie Dessay (patron of this year’s competition), Karine Deshayes, Nathalie Manfrino, Anne-Catherine Gillet, Hélène Guilmette, Florian Laconi, Stéphane Degout and Nicolas Testé.
The competition is open to singers under 32, both opera singers and those who have not had classical training, and is intended to support them in the launch of their professional career. The competition is in several stages and ends with a concert by the winners at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées in Paris in September 2018.
The different rounds of the competition
Regional auditions in Belgium
- a first round in Liège on 13 October 2017
- a second round in Ghent on 28 Oct 2017
- the Belgian final round, presided by Karine Deshayes at the Fiocco Room in La Monnaie Workshops (Brussels) on 7 November 2017
MM Friends, MM Friends Gold and Recital Season Ticket Holders can attend the Belgian final round, but reservation is mandatory.
- the national semi final round in the Opéra de Massy (Paris) on 25 & 26 January 2018
- the national final round in the Opéra Comique (Paris) on 10 February 2018
- concert of the laureates in Théâtre des Champs-Elysées (Paris) on 24 September 2018
- concert of the regional laureates, from september until spring 2019